All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
The AdventHealth Digital Health Group is looking to transform how consumers access and experience healthcare by bringing patient-first innovation and excellence into the digital era. Our goal is to transform digital health by creating seamless, end-to-end experiences across mobile, web, and other enabling digital capabilities to deliver best-in-class digital experiences. Reporting to the Executive Director- Digital Health, the Director of Software Engineering is a senior leader who establishes policies and procedures that produce high-quality software product and service. The Director oversees the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications according to business needs. The Director of Software Engineering manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function including iOS, Android, web, back-end services and development operations. The Director creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. The Director will also consult with others to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications, manage the effective use of onshore and offshore resources, ensure Data Security compliance, participate in the design/ development process, and provide overall technical leadership.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Attract, coach, retain and scale high-performing, highly skilled, diverse and effective technology teams
• Build high-performance, stable, secure, and scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
• Act as a strategist and champion for enterprise architecture and design principles
• Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
• Lead architectural design sessions enabling technical and solution architects and engineering team members to design the software systems.
• Provide leadership and best practices to ensure automated testing and continuous integration
• Develop products throughout the full lifecycle, turning initial concepts into production-ready code
• Lead processes to ensure appropriate documentation.
• Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to the executive leadership team
• Manage a geographically disperse development team including onshore and offshore contractors
• Ensure that the team understands the “why” behind AdventHealth’s plans, and are inspired to realize the company’s vision
• Participate in architecture and technical design decisions / review critical code implementations
• Drive continuous improvement to engineering quality, capabilities, skills, and delivery
• Align engineering roadmaps, products and improvements with appropriate product and platform roadmaps
• Manage relationships with suppliers and vendors, and a path for escalating issues where necessary
• Participate in the creation and management of operational and capital budgets for the engineering team in line with the organization imperatives
• Experience working in a cutting edge, technical, hands-on environment and leveraging technology to manage and grow environments
• Experience in personnel management, organizational leadership, people development and team growth
• Experience establishing development best practices and measurable benchmarks test coverage, test automation, quality management, and secure coding.
• Leadership experience making decisions with minimal direction and prioritizing across multiple competing experience in program/project management and best practices. Atlassian tool suite (JIRA and Confluence) highly desirable
• Experience working within the context of a matrixed organization with teams distributed across the world
• Recognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, who brings a strategic mindset and is capable of building realistic, strategic engineering roadmaps.
• Demonstrated ability to relate to all levels of the organization, analyze complex issues and translate in language appropriate to the customer
• Ability to work collaboratively, influencing decisions and outcomes and facilitating consensus; must be a team player who can “carry their own weight” but bring value to the team through close collaboration and knowledge exchange
• Project planning skills with ability to manage multiple priorities, teams and other managers and directors simultaneously
• Direct experience with CI/CD pipelines and Dev Ops automation is highly preferred.
• Knowledge and extensive experience with media, marketing, advertising and web in a highly dynamic and volatile environment
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills; excellent listening skills
• Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills
• Innovative, creative and self-motivated and directed
• Collaborative and cooperative approach to leadership and management
• Keen attention to detail
• Superior management level analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Exceptional service orientation with commitment to high quality service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, Information Science, Software Engineering, Software Development, or other related scientific or engineering fields or equivalent experience.
• 10 or more years of relevant industry experience shipping high-traffic enterprise software end-to-end on mobile apps, front end SPAs, or back-end web services.
• 5 years leading teams of software engineers delivering software, including setting standards for design\code\deployment best practices, and operational effectiveness.
• 2 years worksing with cloud services platforms such as Azure and AWS, and relational \ non-relational databases.
• 3 years leading first-level software engineering managers including a consistent track record of delivering on organization-wide goals as well as day-to-day activities.
• 3 years setting standards for hiring, performance reviews, and managing budget across several teams.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.