Are you ready to join an organization where we focus on People First, have fun at work and make a difference in what we do?
Dairyland is proud of our People First culture centered around appreciation, celebrating wins and collaboration. We’ve worked hard to ensure alignment between our culture and our processes and systems, learning and development and rewards and recognition programs.
As a team, we work together to leverage the team’s diverse perspectives, ideas and experiences to deliver nothing less than the best. We are collaborative, transparent and committed to our People and their work experience, growth and professional development.
PURPOSE: Manage assigned major power production and distribution engineering projects involving the repair, overhaul, upgrade, backfit or modification of structures and equipment, components and systems of power transmission, distribution, and generation. Manage the planning, design, construction, testing and operational commissioning of new equipment and facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: 1. Ensure a safety-first perspective in all work performed. Requires familiarity and compliance with applicable DPC safety rules and practices.
2. Conduct feasibility and planning surveys, studies, and engineering investigations to evaluate the feasibility of engineered and special projects. Gather stakeholders, build schedules/timelines, prepare cost estimates, and compile reports to complete planning, development and implementation of assigned engineering and special projects. Perform cost benefit analysis based on engineering design calculations and prepare presentation materials for plant & electrical maintenance, operations, and management.
3. Provide necessary administrative and technical liaison in coordinating efforts with architect/engineers (A/E), consultants, contractors and vendors for engineered or special projects.
4. Develop, plan, and implement projects independently or in cooperation with architect/engineers, consultants, contractors, or vendors to prepare technical specifications and drawings for the procurement and installation of materials and services related to engineered or special projects.
5. Initiate necessary in-house documentation for engineered or special projects, including special work request(s), work order estimates, procurement documents, material requisitions and receipts, and progress reports.
6. Interview, screen, evaluate, and recommend the selection of architect/engineers (AEs) or special technical consultants, suppliers and contractors for engineered or special projects.
7. Manage the activities of A/E’s, consultants, contractors, and DPC personnel to ensure the safe and successful completion of assigned projects.
8. Communicate frequently with department personnel concerned with the status of a project. Communicate regularly with upper levels of management and keep individuals of affected divisions posted on the progress of engineered or special projects.
9. Conduct continuing technical and engineering research and study to keep current with development and trends that may have an application for improvements in power generation and transmission.
10. Provide necessary supervision of contractors, vendors or DPC work force for assigned projects.
11. Participate as a team member on multi-department projects or committees.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: B.S. degree in engineering or physical sciences. Minimum of four (4) years of project engineering/management, plant engineering, construction management, operations, or maintenance experience in the power industry or a closely related field. Construction, startup, testing and project lifecycle experience are desirable. Familiarity with power transmission design, power plant cycles, power generation and transmission equipment, components and systems is preferred.
Skills: Proficiency in all safety rules, practices, and procedures. Must be able to create, read and interpret specifications and drawing sets consistent with industry standards. Computer literacy and skills in a Windows Operating System and related software platforms. Management, planning, scheduling, financial analysis, and business economics. Professional communication and writing skills and administration skills. Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations. Attention to detail. Ability to work cooperatively with people at all levels of the organization.
Licenses and Certifications: Current Professional Engineers License (PE) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable. Advanced safety training is preferred.
We are committed to providing our greatest asset, our People, with as many perks and benefits as possible. Some benefits of working with us include:
- Health & disability benefits (medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability) - Life insurance - Generous 401(k) and Pension Plans - Paid Time Off - Robust Wellness Program - New Flexible Work Program - Tuition Reimbursement - So much more!
Dairyland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Dairyland is proud of its history as a pioneer in rural electrification. The generation and transmission cooperative formed in 1941, bringing light and power to the homes and farms in “America’s Dairyland.” Specifically serving rural communities and countryside, Dairyland continues to ease work conditions and improve quality of life for residents by delivering a safe, reliable supply of energy in its four-state service territory.