Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College has an immediate need for two full-time Operations Maintenance Supervisors in the Facilities Department . The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 6:30am-3:00pm. These are non-bargaining, exempt, grade 29 positions. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness
The Operations Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising the installation, operation, modification, repair, troubleshooting, and testing of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and associated equipment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervises staff engaged in providing HVAC services and general tradesman.
- Supervises the operation, maintenance and repair of all Mechanical Equipment on the Campus, as well as controls and associated subsystems or components, packaged or split HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning) systems.
- Supervises the operation, maintenance and repair of the central cooling and heating plants and associated systems to include electrical service, feeds, and switch gear and plumbing systems to include back flows devices.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI). Initiates work orders and service tickets, and schedules the work. Monitors and checks the work to assure work quality and safety.
- Supervises the operation, maintenance, repair and PMI of mechanical equipment and plumbing and electrical systems in campus buildings and facilities.
- Maintains all mechanical spaces in good order clean and painted as specified.
- Acts as Plant Maintenance and Operations Manager in the Manager's absence.
- Sets up PM schedules, assigns PM work orders and ensures proper documentation of preventive maintenance and repairs on all equipment on Campus. Ensures that all equipment is maintained and serviced according to equipment manufacturer's requirements.
- Assists other trades and team members with daily operational issues as needed.
- Performs routine work audits for quality and quantity of work and ensure that team members are working efficiently. Ensures that all mechanical rooms are maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
- Prepares employee time and attendance reports, performance reviews, coach, train, counsels and investigates employee performance issues recommends appropriate disciplinary actions to the office of Human Resources.
- Collects data and information, prepares reports, publishes memorandum and other inter-campus communications.
- Responds to emergency situations on campus.
- Prepares and publishes standard operating procedures and performs other administrative duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, or completion of a vocational program in the building heating and cooling trade or equivalent training.
- 7 years of experience in the facilities maintenance field including two years of experience in a supervisory/team lead/foreman role. The equivalent combination of education, training, certification and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and expertise to perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing trades master license or Maryland 2nd grade Stationary Engineer license. A valid driver's license is required. EPA Section 608 Universal Certification is preferred.
- A valid driver's license.
- Working knowledge of the methods, techniques, procedures, standard practices, tools and materials common to HVAC repair, maintenance, and installation.
- Knowledge of building and fire codes regulations as well as occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of National, State and Local trade and life safety codes and ability to interpret and apply guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and training with DOC/Energy management programs and systems to include BacNet software/hardware.
- Knowledge of PC based test equipment and self-contained testing equipment.
- Knowledge of processes for procuring and maintaining inventory, contract administration, and capabilities of HVAC systems.
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical and building automation as well as stand-alone mechanical equipment.
- Ability to conduct failure analysis, modify equipment and recommend equipment changes and preventive maintenance.
- Ability to comprehend mechanical drawings, specifications, sketches, and work orders, preparing material lists and specifications.
- Ability using hand tools and testing equipment employed in the HVAC trade.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to instruct, train, and work cooperatively with others as well as communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and Windows-based applications may be required.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- EPA Section 608 Universal Certification.
Salary Range $67,639 to $108, 244 annually. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range. Please include a complete resume including all relevant and related work experience.
- Click Here to apply online
- Initial salary placement is based on internal equity and relevant candidate experience. Please include a complete resume/application including all relevant or related experience.
- Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled